Wednesday 9 November 2011

Planning my music magazine

This blog post consists information on the kind of who will be interested in the rock genre magazine and key information that I will follow for the magazine. This will aid me on keeping on track for the magazine.
 
My target audience will be people who are interested in the rock genre magazine, who are interested in the music genre itself and the artists who play the genre. The age range of the magazine will be from 15 and above. Other interests that my target audience will have are: they have an interest in gothic art, prefer T.V shows like Dexter, Merlin and Smallville. The films that the audience will like are films such as the Star Wars series, the Harry Potter series and comic films such as the Dark Knight. The hobbies of my audience may include things like watching films, playing computer games, playing instruments and watching T.V.   

The type of genre my magazine will be is rock. I have chosen this genre as it has a large appeal. Meaning larger sales. Following this genre this will give the design of my magazine an interesting layout, due to the use of typical rock colours like red and black.  
From looking at my survey I have come to the conclusion that my magazine will come out every month as, from the results majority of people picked that they bought their music magazine every month. So this suggests to me that by releasing my magazine every month the magazine will gain more sales.  

The price of my magazine will be £2.00. From my research majority of people choose the price £2.50. However I cho
se the price £2.00 to still have that premium appeal yet not be too much for my target audience as I wanted it to stay within reason for the target audience. My magazine will have a glossy finish as it captures the audience’s eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment