Thursday 1 December 2011

Title Designs

In this blog post  I applied four of the title designs. This helped me to compare each of the designs. By posting these designs I will now be able to open a poll to see what design do people prefer.
In design 1 I found a Font style that I felt conveyed a rock genre style. I choose this font as like the use of the uneven blocks with gritty edges. Furthermore, the font style itself enforced this rough and gritty feeling. Later I attached another block on the side with a plus sign. In addition I made the background white and the blocks surrounding the font black. I did this as I wanted the title to stand out as the colours contrast. Finally I added painted these gritty vein-like lines to give this feeling of something that is inside you at the core of the (target audience).

In design 2 all did was inverted the entire canvas. So this made the colours their opposite, making everything black white and vise-versa. The use of more black makes it seem more dark and gothic.

In Design 3 this design I experimented with warm colour yellow and applied it on to the title. I believe it looks messy and the colour tallow doesn’t seem to compliment the other colours in this form.

In design 4 I used a red colour and only applied it in the black areas, so behind the text. I think the red compliments the black and white colours. 

In the poll I have found that most people have chosen Design 4. This shows that this title design has more interest and appeal, so this will be the one used in my magazine.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment